navigationmenu

Oct 6, 2015

October



And so October arrived once again with splendid sunshine and a slight drop in temperatures which means that my favourite cashmere scarf got to accompany me out on my weekend adventures. Autumn might possibly be the best time for photographing, the sunshine is softer than during the summer and it makes everything look all heavenly.
It's almost midnight and I don't have much to say really, but I felt like checking in for a minute. Once again, I have one too many Stockholm-pictures to show but that's what my camera-roll consists of at the moment. I need to work on diversifying my content.


We've had the most stunning sunsets where the sky has been filled with neon-pink clouds and I have, of course, attempted to capture every single one of these moments. I can honestly admit that I think autumn is wonderful (almost hurts to say, being the hardcore summer-lover that I am). As long as the sun is shining, I don't mind this season at all.

I've made a list of some things I would like to do in October in order to make the most out of it. This list includes taking the bus out to a forest or two for a good dose of nature, baking at least once, watching some spooky movies (ahem spooky, not scary), visiting a farmer's market and quite a few other things that fit in with the cosy time of year that we're entering. I'm quite excited.

To wrap up this impromptu post, I'll leave you with a very appropriate quote that makes my heart swell from it's loveliness:

October arrived, spreading a damp chill over the grounds and into the castle. Madam Pomfrey, the nurse, was kept busy by a sudden spate of colds among the staff and students. Raindrops the size of bullets thundered on the castle windows for days on end; the lake rose, the flower beds turned into muddy streams, and Hagrid’s pumpkins swelled to the size of garden sheds."
- J.K. ROWLING, HARRY POTTER AND THE CHAMBER OF SECRETS


(which reminds me it's high time for another HP re-read.)
See you soon!
Alice.





2 comments :

  1. Glasgow's been having some of those deep red sunsets as well. They've been warming my heart towards autumn again.

    ps. Just found your blog via Muted Mornings :) Looking forward to reading more!

    ~Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunsets are magical! Thank you for checking out my blog! :)

      Alice

      Delete